An Oprah threat to your health and the health of your children? Have you been misled?

Find out at www.Oprahcide.com or www.DeathByOprah.com

See FTC complaints about Oprah and her diet experts at www.JailForOprah.com

Thursday, November 06, 2008

Obesity 'lifts inflammation risk'

It may take obesity to lift the inflammation risk, but it takes a cherry picker to lift the obese.
"Obesity and lack of fitness raise the risk of illness by impacting negatively on the body's internal chemistry, research suggests.

A US team found levels of white blood cells were highest in men who were unfit and overweight.

White blood cells are key to fighting infection, but high levels can be a sign of inflammation, which is linked to coronary heart disease."
But is the risk so great that when the obese lift the inflammation, they have a heart attack?

Stay tuned.

1 comment:

Michael Applebaum, MD, JD, FCLM said...

Hi, Susan and welcome to Fitness Watch.

Normally, I would not leave a "commercial" posting on Fitness Watch. I saw your promotional video and whether I believe in its message is immaterial.

I am leaving your comment posted so people will question what they are told (including what I write) and what they see. As examples, from your video, is your Omega-3 charged mouse smarter, or is it physically weaker seeking the safe harbor of the platform in the Morris Water Maze fearing for its life; why were no corroborating videos or references offered by you in support of Norman Salem's research - it is not as if NIH researchers are beyond faking data; if people are getting stupider from a lack of a fat, then why are grade point averages on the rise?

Questions, I think, are worth exploring. There are many others.

I did notice on your website that Michael Pollan "endorsed" your book. Again, disregarding the content of his and your writings, I submit that his praise is not a plus to me.

Here is a quote from him, "I am not an expert so must rely on the conclusions of writers and organizations I trust."

Who does he trust?
Rodale Press, the Prevention Magazine folks..."

My opinion is that Rodale is dangerous and publishes dangerous and dishonest stuff, IMHO.

My observation is that Prevention has more drug company ads per page than any "prevention" periodical ought to.

Further, though your interview with Mehmet Oz is likely good for your career, I am clear in my opinion that Oz, Roizen, Oprah, Katz, Cruise and Greene (among others) are engaged in what I believe to be nutritional homicide and in foisting frauds upon the public, IMHO. If you, or anyone reading this comment is interested, see here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here and here, for starters.

Thanks, again for visiting and giving Fitness Watch readers an opportunity to think about what is occurring in the domain of nutritional fitness.