An Oprah threat to your health and the health of your children? Have you been misled?

Find out at www.Oprahcide.com or www.DeathByOprah.com

See FTC complaints about Oprah and her diet experts at www.JailForOprah.com

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Surgeon General Exclusive: 'I Struggle With My Weight' Like Most Americans

Another leading example from the folks in Washington, a la, "Mr. Obama’s secretary of homeland security, Janet Napolitano, said Sunday that 'the system worked...'”
U.S. Surgeon General Dr. Regina Benjamin said for the first time today that like millions of Americans, she battles the scale and wants to "work together" to fight the U.S. obesity epidemic..."
Really? Duh.


Who's she been working with till now?



"I'm just like 67 percent of Americans. I struggle with my weight just like they do," Benjamin said in an exclusive interview with "Good Morning America's" Robin Roberts today. "So I understand. And I want to have them help me, and I'll help them, and we'll work together to try to become a healthier nation...
"I'm a woman. Just like everyone else, I want to be attractive. You don't want to see those negative things -- people calling you names. So it was very hurtful," Benjamin said.
Well, at least she admits that overfat is not "attractive." Good luck explaining that to the public.

Try learning from this guy how to spin: (from here)
Leno asked the president whether the White House bowling alley had been "burned and closed down" in light of Obama's gutter ball embarrassment on the campaign trail last year.

Obama replied, "No, no. I have been practicing . . . I bowled a 129."

The audience roared with laughter, and the late-night talk show host assured Obama "that's very good, Mr. President." To which Obama interjected, "It's like -- it was like Special Olympics, or something."

The audience laughed. But the White House didn't let the comment linger without clarification.

"The president made an offhand remark making fun of his own bowling that was in no way intended to disparage the Special Olympics," White House spokesman Bill Burton told reporters flying aboard Air Force One after the taping of the show, according to a transcript released by the White House. "He thinks that the Special Olympics are a wonderful program that gives an opportunity to shine to people with disabilities from around the world."
Moo-ve over Barack. Way over. Benjamin is a big'un.
"I have to make America my patient," Benjamin told "Good Morning America." "The 300 million Americans are now my patients. And I hope to treat them, and I hope I can deal with the trust that a doctor has with their patients. I want to do that with the American people."
Physician, heal thyself.

The real problem with this unqualified person, is that she is a health illiterate.
Health literacy is not simply the ability to read. It requires a complex group of reading, listening, analytical, and decision-making skills, and the ability to apply these skills to health situations.
Clearly, she has neither the ability nor the skill to apply whatever she has learned to her own health situation.

She is, an embarrassment and a Surgeon General worthy of today's Washington.


No comments: