An Oprah threat to your health and the health of your children? Have you been misled?

Find out at www.Oprahcide.com or www.DeathByOprah.com

See FTC complaints about Oprah and her diet experts at www.JailForOprah.com

Saturday, January 12, 2008

China experts identify drug addiction genes

Another slippery slope article.

Earlier it was the genetically pedophilic, now it is the genetically addicted.

If you think that the genetic approach to problem-solving your overfatness and underfitness is coming, here is some more fiction for you to read.
"Scientists in China have identified about 400 genes that appear to make some people more easily addicted to drugs, opening the way for more effective therapies and addiction control."
"Therapies and addiction control" spelled m-o-n-e-y.
"The researchers focused on four addictive substances -- cocaine, opiate, alcohol and nicotine -- and mapped out five main routes, or "molecular pathways," that lead to addiction, they wrote in the journal PLoS Computational Biology...

The researchers trawled through more than 1,000 peer-reviewed medical publications that linked genes and chromosome regions to drug addiction over the past 30 years and assembled a list of 1,500 addiction-related genes."
Now for the too fat and the unfit, there are the:
"I eat too much" genes,
"I eat the 'wrong' things" genes,
"physical activity does not make me feel great so I will not do it" genes,
"I am too lazy to move my lardass" genes,
"I have an excuse" genes,
"why should I lose weight when the rest of society will pay for my lack of self-esteem/willpower/self-control" genes,
"I cannot help myself, I am a nutritional child abuser" genes, and the
"etc." genes.
What do you think?

Maybe a billion gazillion more genes?

They'll sort them out.

Right.

No comments: